CVALINK, a growing regional wireless Internet service provider, is seeking an individual for installation, technical support, and service work. This position consists of:
- Determining if a customer location has adequate signal strength for reliable service.
- Works with customer to determine a mutually satisfactory location for the outdoor equipment.
- Mounts and aligns outdoor radio equipment at the customer location.
- Runs cable from the outdoor equipment to grounding location.
- Runs cable from grounding location to customer designated interior location.
- Pulls and/or fishes wiring in walls, basements, attics, and crawl spaces as required.
- Assists customer in configuring computer and/or router for Internet access.
- Tests operation, explains, and demonstrates service to customer.
- Servicing existing customers, repairs equipment as needed.
- Retrieves outdoor equipment from customer locations as needed.
- Properly maintains company vehicle, tools, and equipment.
- Submits, accurate, legible, and timely documentation.
- Navigate various operating systems on PC’s and Mac’s to make a network connection at customers residence.
- Presents a positive, professional image to the customers at all times.
- Provides technical knowledge, expertise, and training to other installers as required.
- Follows all company safety procedures and wears personal protective equipment as required.
This position requires a person with the ability to provide reliable, high quality work with a minimum of supervision. Installation procedures and specifications must be followed at all times.
CVALINK is a Tobacco free work place.
Applicant must pass background and drug testing.
Must be able to lift, carry, and climb 75lb 32’ foot extension ladders.
Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons.
Must be willing and able to work on sloped roofs.
Must have a minimum of 3 years driving experience with no citations in the last 12 months and no more than one citation and/or accident in the preceding 3 years.
Education: High School, Trade, or Technical College Degree.
Work Experience: Experience and understanding of building construction and wiring
The company supplies a work vehicle, tools, and all installation supplies.
Position is full time vacation, and sick time.
————— IMPORTANT—- READ BELOW—————–
DO NOT apply for this job if….
- You are afraid of heights – this job will NOT work for you.
- Are uncomfortable working on roofs and ladders.
- Have phobias regarding dogs, cats, insects, spiders, bees, wasps, and other things likely to be found outside, around, and under houses.
- Are more than slightly claustrophobic.
- Dislike working outside in typical Virginia weather (hot in the summer and cold in the winter).
What will get our attention (let us know if you have any of these talents in your past)…
- Experience in FTTH installation would be an advantage.
- Experience in installation of Dish Network, Direct TV, HighesNet, or Exede systems.
- Experience in construction, particularly wiring houses for phone, cable, alarm, or audio/video.
- Experience with Unix (Linux, FreeBSD, others). We are not real interested in the alphabet soup of Microsoft certifications – we’re interested in what you took the initiative to learn on your own.
Location: Louisa, VA 23093
Job type: Full Time, Employee
Salary: Based on skills and experience
Please submit your application or resume to:
4471 Davis Hwy, Suite B,
Louisa VA 23093