How to Power Cycle your Equipment
1) Unplug your router, and Radio Equipment
2) wait 5 minutes and power up your radio equipment
3) wait 5 minutes and then power up your router
4) After 2 minutes check you connection
You may also find that shutting down your computer and powering it back up may resolve the problem as well. If you are still having problems contact us.M-F 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Telephone support or after hours email email@example.com
Help! I lost my wifi password!
1) Connect your computer to your router via an ethernet cable.
2) Find your router access from the bottom of your router, and enter it into your browser. Common access sites are 192.168.0.1 or routerlogin.net.
3) Enter the username and password listed with the router access site from the bottom of the router.
4) Once in, navigate to the “Wireless” section of your router, and either view or change your key.
5) We recommend using the highest security level available on your router. Save your changes, reboot your router, and you may now wirelessly connect!
Using your Service Without a Router
Did you know you dont need a router to make a connection to the internet. Follow these instructions on how to setup a connection without a router using Windows XP:
1.) Go to the “Start” menu and then “Control Panel”.
2.) Control Panel will open in “Category View”. Choose the category “Network and Internet Connections”.
3.) From “Network and Internet Connections”, select the “Network Connections” icon.
4.) The Network Connections Control Panel will open up. This shows you the status of all network connections that your computer has set up. In the “Network Tasks” column, choose “Create a New Connection”. If “Network Tasks” is not available, go to “File” then “Create a New Connection”.
5.) You will be presented with the New Connection Wizard. Click “Next” to continue.
6.) The default option is to “Connect to the Internet”. Make sure it is ticked before going any further. Click “Next” to continue.
7.) By default the option “Connect using a dial-up modem” will be selected. Change this to “Connect using a broadband modem that requires a username and password”. Click “Next” to continue.
8.) Type the name you want for the connection here; the example we’re using is “CVALiNK”. Click “Next” to continue.
9.) In “Internet Account Information”, enter the information for your account:
- Username: Enter your CVALiNK username, e.g.jdoe
- Password: Enter your CVALiNK password
- Confirm password: Enter your CVALiNK password again
- Ensure the two extra options are ticked
- Click “Next” to continue
10.) Tick the box marked “Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop”. This will allow you to connect from the desktop; without having to go through any menus. Click “Finish” to continue.
The connection box will open up immediately with your username and password. There’s no need to re-enter your password here; it’s already saved.
Click “Connect” to start the Internet connection.
11.) Ensure the Ethernet cable is plugged in from your computer directly into the LAN/Ethernet Port on your Power brick